Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Happenings of Taija

So this past week not much has gone on...although we did attend the Health Professions Community Fest BBQ on Wednesday (side note - I had to literally beg Justin to go with us). Taija LOVED the little bounce house they had. It was like 100 degrees outside, Taija is COVERED in sweat and she still wanted to bounce all over this little toy!




On Saturday we went with our friends the Batemans to a little city park in Coral Springs - it was a BLAST (and not too expensive either)! Taija loved running back and forth between the pools!





Just in case you were wondering the TERRIBLE twos are in FULL force at our home...Taija's new thing is TANTRUMS. If she doesn't get what she wants she throws a MAJOR fit, foot-stopping, hair-pulling the WHOLE bit. We are currently trying the whole time-out option, but that only works if you are somewhere to put her on time-out. Today's was especially a dousy - we were at Stake Conferance, just a bout to leave mind you and she wanted ME (couldn't be Daddy) to hold her. I have been trying to let her know that I can't always hold her (not very successfully obviously) and she throws this HUGE tantrum in the hallway with a million people just looking at us. Then Justin politely informs me that if I give in and hold her she will never understand - so we walk (Taija throwing herself on the ground here and there) the entire way to the car, which just so happens to be on the other side of the church. Seriously, I was THIS CLOSE to throwing a tantrum myself! Okay now that I am done venting I really do LOVE my daughter and most of the time she is FUN to deal with!!

4 comments:

The McKnights said...

I have totally been there. It seems like his tantrums come in shifts. Some weeks he's really good, but others, he's having issues all the time. I'm sure it only gets better. Cute pictures by the way.

Sarah said...

It will probably make you feel better to know that you are not alone. Anabelle is still screaming (you know how that is) and throws tantrums sometimes herself. I get so frustrated, especially when there isn't really a way to discipline her at this age. So basically, I just wanted to say that I feel ya. Sometimes being a mom is hard. It's good to know we're not alone. Cute pics. Too bad we can't hang out.

Josalyn said...

Oh my gosh Brenda is doing the exact same thing. My favorite is when people are staring at you like you're beating your kid or something. You did the right thing according to our pediatrician. He says if you're out then go stick them in the car for time out when they act like that. It's just hard getting all the way there. Yeah. Supposedly it's just a phase. We're right there with you! Hang in there!

Katie Call said...

Good times! It's so hard not to give in when you're pregnant, huh? When the sound of incessant screaming makes you want to crawl out of your skin? :) We sure miss you guys!