To my Taija on her birthday...
I can't believe my little girl is 6! It seems like these last few years have flown by too fast! Taija is my beautiful, horse-loving, reading, enthusiastic, athletic, caring, incredible big sister! While I wasn't too worried about her, Taija has LOVED being in kindergarten. It is so sweet to hear her talk to her siblings about kindergarten and all she gets to do in class. Our #1 goal prior to kindergarten was to get Taija to read and she has EXCELED at it. She loves to read everything she comes across and many nights we will hear her reading far too late! I am so very PROUD of her for working so hard to accomplish this goal.
Taija's obsession with horses as continued. She will pretend to be a horse, play with ALL of her horses, and even speak like a horse. A noise that I am not too happy to report Mika has picked up on and often repeats. Who knew a horse could be so noisy?! I love that she isn't afraid of horses and has LOVED getting back into her riding lessons. Although, this being a rather expensive obsession I am afraid will not last too much longer.
Taija is my little helper. Her favorite part of making cookies, brownies, cupcakes, etc. is that I let her 'break' the eggs. A chore that ONLY she can help with since she is the 'big' sister. Taija has also started piano lessons this last year...and has already surpassed me in her musical skills! While not all practice sessions are appreciated she has really enjoyed being able to learn new songs and remember certain notes.
I am so grateful this petite brown-eyed girl chose to be part of our family! Taija is truly one-of-a-kind and I LOVE that she is willing to try new things...as long as they aren't 'noisy' things! Love you Taija-goose!

No comments:
Post a Comment